PLEASE ENTER THE CORRECT INFORMATION INTO THE FOLLOWING FORM. IF YOU ARE NOT AUTHORIZED TO VIEW THE RESTRICTED MATERIAL.
DIRECT YOURSELF TO THE CONTACT TAB AND REQUEST PROPER CREDENTIALS.

Case Note 7 - I See You...

Jeremy's world was in a spin. The lights in front of him seemed then they should be. If he kept getting drugged like this, he would surely get brain damage. He just knew it. When the spinning lights stopped and dimmed from in front of his eyes, he saw he was in a different room. This one had mirrors. Actually the ENTIRE room was made up of mirrors. The walls, the floor, ceiling, and the door. Wait. Door? Jeremy picked himself up off the floor and walked over to the door. He could see that whoever put him here had also put him in white pants, shirt, and socks. It reminded him of something an orderly would wear. He reached out to turn the handle, which was also made of mirror.

“Will it be that simple? We all remember what happened last time something seemed simple. I wound up getting stuck with a needle and placed in a mirrored room.” he told himself.

Jeremy decided it was time to go. He grabbed the handle and turned it.

“Leaving so soon?” asked the male European voice. “We have many things to talk about.”

Jeremy turned around and saw that the wall behind him had disappeared and behind it was a dark room with a desk.

“I thought it was time I leaved this place. I don't particularly like being drugged every time I turn around.” he joked. He walked to the wall and realized it was still there! Apparently this was a mirror you could control in some manner.
The man chuckled. “I'm glad to see you still have a sense of humor through all of this. Most people would have been a little more....apprehensive perhaps?”

“I'm just tired. Truthfully, I am really just tired of being locked in this room and then that, being lied to, and being told I'm something I'm not. This 'Where is the chip?', the 'calm down Mr. Colin.' Yeah. I'm tired.” He looked at the man and squinted. Jeremy couldn't totally see his face, but the man did look familiar. He wore what seemed to be a black suit with a light blue shirt. His hair was swept back and not too short.

“Maybe we can do something about some of your concerns.” As the man said this, Jeremy heard a slight hissing noise, and the glass between himself and the man lifted into the ceiling above. Jeremy stepped into the second room and walked over to the desk slowly. The room was nondescript. It was as wide as the room he had been in, but seemed to be longer. It might have been an illusion due to how dark it was. Jeremy couldn't even really tell what color the walls were and the only item in the room was the desk the man was sitting at. On the desk there was a lamp and it slightly illuminated the man's face. Jeremy gasped as he walked up to the desk. It was the man from the desk in the other room. The one marked SNS02EP13!

“My name is Tom Major. I am the Grounds Controller here. I oversea each and every operation that is conducted here. That includes yours Mr. Colin. Subject number 1026-81, Case Note 38B. The use of DAC5 in your particular case has been extremely interesting and has raised many eyebrows here.” The man reached over to the the lamp and pressed a button on the base. The lamp brightened. The look of shock on Jeremy's face was clear as day.

“You're...” he began. “You're the man from the other room. You're the one who gave me the information.” Jeremy was didn't know what to think. He couldn't run. It was obvious this man, Tom, had everything in his control.

“Yes, Mr. Colin. I am the man from the other room. I wanted to get a feel for you. To see how you were as a person out of the file. I don't get to see subjects here. They are notes on paper, a photograph, a conversation in a meeting. I like to see what we are producing occasionally.” Tom said. He leaned forward to look closer at Jeremy. “Yes, you are as interesting as they have reported.”
Jeremy didn't think he liked being spoken about as though he was some sort of lab rat. He really didn't like Tom at this point and was thinking about how he would knock him out as well.

“Mr. Colin,” Tom said, “please do not think I will be as easy to get over on as Ms. Sonya was. I have been working here a long time and my lack of interaction does not make me ignorant to your tricks.” He got up from his chair and made his way toward Jeremy. “Being the Ground Controller means I need to be well versed in many different fields. Pshycology, Martial Arts, Medicine, Literature, Music, Technology...I must know them all. Unlike my predecessor, I will not for one second underestimate any subjects capabilities.” Tom stopped about two feet in front of Jeremy. He spoke in a softer tone almost as though he were going to tell him something in confidence. “I had always hoped he would make a vital error, just so I could prove what I could bring this establishment.” He looked down at the floor. “I just never thought it would cause such a ripple effect.”

Jeremy lunged at him as soon as Tom's gaze left his. And landed right on the floor behind Tom. Jeremy was confused. He hadn't seen or felt Tom dodge him, but here he was, on the floor. Tom handed skipped as beat in his last thought. Jeremy turned around to look at Tom. He was facing Jeremy with a look of pure amusement on his face.

“Didn't you listen to a word I have been saying. I am disappointed in you Mr. Colin. I would have thought you would notice a hologram when you saw one. Why do you think the room is so dark. Why do you think you could see me more clear when I turned up the lamp. That was a signal boost so you could still see me as I left the desk.” Tom shook his head slowly. “Do you really think I would put myself in the same position as Ms. Sonya?”

And with that, Tom Major disappeared.

Jeremy stood staring at the spot Tom had been standing.


© 2009 by Laira Reid